Section Statistics in Business and Industry
The goals of the Section "Statistics in Business and Industry" (SSS-BI), according to the bylaws, are:
- Representing the interests of statisticians working in business and industry
- Providing a platform for the coordination and the development of statistical training programs with applications in business and industry
- Organising conferences in coordination with the other activities of the Swiss Statistical Society (SSS) and its other Sections, e.g. the organisation of specific sessions within the Swiss Statistics Meeting
- Promoting the contact among statisticians working in business and industry on the national as well as on the international level
- Promoting the contact with other organisations with similar objectives
A PDF version of these goals is available (here).
A leaflet presenting the Section "Statistics in Business and Industry" is available in multiple languages:
Feel free to use the material to pass the word to your friends and colleagues.
SSS-BI Networking Event
Thursday, 26. Oktober 2017 at SBB "Statistik für die Mobilität"
2010-2013: Marcel Baumgartner, Nestlé, Vevey
2003-2009: Dr. Diego Kuonen, Statoo Consulting, Berne
Past committee members
2005–2011: Dr. Thomas Gsponer, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Berne, and Statoo Consulting, Berne
2007–2009: Dr. Jacques Zuber, University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland, Yverdon-les-Bains, and Statoo Consulting, Berne
2003–2009: Dr. Ahmed Bousbaine, Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne 26
2003–2009: Dr. Yves L. Grize, The Baloise Insurance, Basel
2003–2006: Dr. François-Xavier de Rossi, Office fédéral des assurances privées (OFAP), Berne
2003–2005: Dr. René Locher, IDP, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Winterthur
2003–2004: Dr. Christof Luchsinger, Luchsinger Mathematics, Zurich
Organisations with similar objectives:
- Basel Biometric Section (BBS)
- European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics (ENBIS)
- International Society for Business and Industrial Statistics (ISBIS)
- International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB)
At current, if you are a SSS member the membership is free of charge.